1. Once a guardie, always a guardie!
2. Colorguard; For those who understand, no explanation needed. For those who don’t, no explanation possible.
is when someone asks, "Is the guard ready?" and you have to say no.
4. Share what you know, learn what you don’t.
5. Colorguard is the only sport where you can whip it, strip it, and flip it in public.
6. Colorguard: Sweet little
girls… with big metal sticks.
have nice butts.
8. No one said it would be
easy, they just said it would be worth it.
it wasn’t going to be hard, everyone would do it.
Some people dream of worthy accomplishments. Others stay awake and do them.
does not make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect.
Quitters never win, and winners never quit.
guard that counts together, stays together.
14. If being good were easy,
then everyone would be good.
you fall, ROLL OUT OF THE WAY!
call it attitude. We call it performing!
miss 100% of the shots you never take.
not "poles," they're FLAGS.
not "guns," they're RIFLES.
not "swords," they're SABRES.
"twirl," we SPIN.
"throw," we TOSS.
you're going to hit someone, do it perfectly.
too sexy for my sabre!
it’s gonna hurt, it better leave a mark.
Rule, Sabres Soar, and Flags Fly
can never catch a flag if you’re always thinking of ways to drop it.
harder you work, the harder it is to give up.
have six feet of pole and 48 inches of silk, you better catch SOMETHING!
and Rifles and Sabres, oh my!
to toss... hope to catch!
in the music and breathe out your performance.
you're gonna hit 'em, hit 'em hard.
are scary, ends are sad, but it's the middle that counts the most.
rather be in guard with no life than in a life with no guard.
32. What's the football team
doing on the marching field?
33. Power to the Rifles!
We bust ours to kick yours.
35. If you can't spin, don't touch my flag.
If you can't toss, don't touch my rifle.
If you can't march, stay off our field.
And if you don't understand this,
Get out of my face, cuz it's a guard thing!
All people are created equal. Then some become guardies.
37. Colorguard: Grab life by the butt.
Shut up and spin!
42. I have a rifle and I know how to use it!
43. Spin like your life depends on it.
44. Spinning isn't the answer. Spinning is the question. And the answer... is Yes.
45. Rifles; grab life by the butt.
46. What happens on the guard bus stays on the guard bus.
47. If they're in the way, hit 'em. I guarentee there will be space after that.
48. Colorguard; Watch for falling objects.
49. You may soon forget the practices, but you will always remember the performances.
50. I don't care if Dorothy and Toto are falling from the sky! JUST KEEP SPINNING!
51. Colorguard is more than just "something I do"... it is my life, my love, and my whole world.
52. Rifles; bring out the big guns.
53. Spinning six feet of attitude.
54. What's the basketball team doing on the colorguard court?
55. S-P-A-N-D-E-X, Yaaaaaaay, spandex! (Sorry Clare, I couldn't resist.)
56. Colorguard; Yeah, I can spin that.
57. Necessity may be the mother of invention, but colorguard is the mother of necessity.
58. Chicks with Sticks
59. Be kind to animals, kiss a guard girl.
60. Dare to dream,
Dream to spin,
Spin to perform,
Perform to live,
Live to dare,
Dare to dream.
61. I have a life. I just like guard better.
62. We're in marching band, not walking band.
63. Don't catch the rifle with your head.
64. Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside us.
65. The heart and soul of every performer is fuleded by the desire to take the emotion out of the crowd
and replace it with the fury of the best performance of their lives.
66. You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot
67. Dance like no one is watching,
Sing like no one is listening,
Love like you've never been hurt,
And laugh like there's no tomorrow.
68. Colorguard is like cheerleading with flags and IQs.
69. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
70. If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?
71. To win without risk is to triumph without glory.
72. Band taught me to appreciate the dirty things in life.
Have your own color guard
add? Tell Me!